moyo`s Quest for Modern Sophisticated African Uniform Design Challenge kicks off.
moyo, Swahili for soul, is a lifestyle brand that brings food, retail, music, design, education, and a variety of performances together to promote a modern and sophisticated African lifestyle.
moyo, in association with the Cape Town Fashion Council (CTFC) and Woza, is running a design competition with a twist.
We’re inviting local design students and designers to give the moyo host (waiter) uniform a beautiful and practical new look.
This exciting and creative challenge gives young design talent the opportunity to push the boundaries of uniform wear with a proudly African look and appeal.
-The winning design will receive a cash prize of R10 000.
-To enter, download an entry form from www.moyo.co.za/moyostyle.
-All competition documentation must reach the Cape Town Fashion Council by no later than 13 August 2012. Any late entries will not qualify.
-All chosen entries will receive great exposure and a website profile.
The design must be:
- Practical, neat and professional.
- Unisex and flatter all body types.
- Seasonal: take off in summer and put on in winter.
- Location-appropriate: moyo is located at various locations nationwide. From a wine farm to a botanical garden, upmarket trendy lifestyle centres and beachfront, each moyo boasts its own unique vibe and look.
- Innovative when it comes to fabric print. It needs to be durable, comfortable, of excellent quality and proudly African.
-Comprehensive. Match footwear to uniform for that cohesive, head-to-toe look.
Beautiful design is not only restricted to the runway. It is displayed in practical everyday uniform and admired in every way. We are African. Let’s wear Africa proudly, practically and, above all, fashionably.